Thursday, April 28, 2011

Baking: For the love of it!

"Happiness is homemade" - Unknown

Who doesn't love a homemade dessert? Today's inspiration for my blog came from a comment I received after bringing in a baked good for someone's birthday, "You missed your calling." While I love to bake and enjoy the happiness it brings to someone, I am not sure that baking is the path I was supposed to take, but I certainly love it.

I can't even begin to list out my baking struggles. Growing up, cooking & baking was not my cup of tea. But shortly after I was married, I felt I needed to fit the role of a housewife, so I began experimenting. I have stumbled upon so many fun recipes that don't always turn out. In fact, just two weeks ago I attempted my first angel food cake that I thought would turn out light and fluffy - failed! And then I burnt brownies! Double fail!

So where do I find my inspiration? Blogs, books and facebook page! The above photo is one of my favorite recipes - Grandma's Cinnamon Rolls. Talk about delicious! To the right, is a recipe I found here, Death by Oreo Cupcakes. I can't take credit for these delicious pieces of yummy-ness, but I did alter the recipe to make it a touch of my own. And, the frosting is to die for. More of my inspiration also comes from these sites:
Taste of Home
Bakerella
Tablespoon

And of course, from friends and family! Thankfully, I have some awesome taste testers - who always try my cookies, brownies, cupcakes... and even baking disasters.

Cheers, to a teaspoon of love :)

1 comment: